NWSOT50NonEthereum Tokens Index
This index is a subset of The 2100news Digital Assets Total Market Index. 2100NEWS NonEthereum Based Index (NWSOT50) was created and launched in 2018 to bring transparency, track and measure the performance, and serve as benchmarks for the performance of 50 tokens – digital assets:
• that are built on the other platforms, not on Ethereum (for example, Binance, NEO, Waves, Lisk, Stratis);
• And operate on top of a blockchain that facilitates the creation of decentralized applications. They are created on existing blockchains.
The index is a market capitalization-weighted index, and a 20% limit is set on an individual constituent's weight. The capitalization of each member is calculated for each asset, then adjusted (DAOQE - orderbook quality evaluation ) to better reflect the publicly available amount (float). Every asset will have a new weighting of the total index at each biweekly rebalance, and the constituent weighting is unchanged until the next rebalance.
2100NEWS is very excited to contribute to the evolution of the industry and build the series of indexes that comply with the transparency, regulation and quality standards that the world's top institutions require.
In attached file we explain:
- general principles
- index rationale
- methodology review policies
- selection criteria
- market capitalization and liquidity screening
- index characteristics
- market capitalization-weighted indices
- selection lists
- index review
- weighting factor
- capping factors
- index calculation
- index rebalancing